Night's Black Agents: Dracula Dossier
St Lazarus Documents
Among some of the specifics found in the St. Lazarus document were the following:
- The three brides of Dracula, as listed by the society are: Countess Margo Dolinz (confirmed by the society to be the notorious Countess Dolinger of Gratz), Madame St. Amend and Countess Ida Verkany.
- Dracula has always had a scheme of taking over a nation and subjugating the people to create an empire of Vampirism. In the 1890’s his target was England and he likely had a massive network set up in and around England to continue that scheme.
- The Society has been looking for the Spear of Longinus as a weapon to combat Dracula. They believe it to be in the possession of Luther von Heiss, an eccentric German collector.
- The Society has been keeping track of the van Helsing line, and believe they have found a suitable candidate in the form of Marguerite Vess, who is currently a ward of the Max Grundig Clinic, a mental hospital near the Black Forest. She may know the location of the notorious Scholomance.
- The ability of one of the Brides of Dracula to taking a subject, willing or unwilling, and transform them into a dangerous demonic creature; a succubus, limited by their own preferences and subject to each Bride’s quirks and personal touches
- The succubus, once made, seems to act according the mythology in that the creature is created to seduce and eventually kill men. It does seem as if they are more precise in the people they go after and the one the motive that has been documented is that they have documented that succubi seem to have a preference in going after men who have interfered in human trafficking rings.
- Identification of a succubus is difficult. They tend to be attractive young women who are full of energy and confidence. It is unknown whether or not the succubus will have a deformity in some way or another.
- Holy items will likely harm or repel a succubus.
There was a lot said on the Red Room that Dracula employed. Among some of the details provided were:
- A Red Room is a special room that enhances a vampires natural powers. It is a considerable powerful research but there are not many of them. To create it the vampire has to mix paint with their own blood. This could defiantly leave a vampire in a weakened state as it must take quite a bit of blood and paint to cover an entire room.
- The rooms make it easier for hypnotism, communication, and tracking of Dracula using physic powers. Now if these is limited to just Vampires of psychics have this advantage in these rooms as well is unknown. (-3 to difficulty of those attempts)
- After being in the room for 13 hours a Renfield will start to sweet blood. I’m not sure how useful that is because staying in one of this rooms with a captive to determine if they are a Renfield for that longs seems difficult as you will see later.
- Renfields that are not under Dracula’s control, created in a Red Room are even more powerful. (8 more general points to spend).
- The room makes it easier for humans to cast vampire magic and to create Earthquakes. I have no idea how to pursue magical research and the idea that Vampires have magic in addition to their already known advantages is positively frightening. This also does help us understand how the Earthquakes are happening though again I am not sure how to look into that any further. (-2 to difficulty of those attempts).
- It allows Dracula an increase of 16 Health and allows him to heal damage from a banes at a rate of 2 per night. We don’t know what the usual rate is or if it is possible for him to usually heal these kinds of wounds. We should be looking for ideas on what exactly counts as banes. I think we have some ideas.
- Dracula can enslave every willing or weak minded person in the room.
- Dracula refreshes his own aberrance pool at one a minute. These are the points he spends to do awesome vampire like things.
- Costs for all vampire magic and necromancy for him is one less in the Red Room.
- In the Red Room difficulty for Dracula on any test that involves his aberrance is at -3.
- Dracula can apport and clairvoyant scry into a Red Room at any time. If I am understanding the meaning of apport it means he can teleport objects into an out of the rooms. That’s insanely powerful.